Sunday, October 18, 2009

Bad, Bad Lawyer


http://www.billingsgazette.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/article_5321417a-bada-11de-965f-001cc4c03286.html

Read this and weep. I know none of the participants, but boy-oh-boy do I feel for them.

A lawyer acquaintance of mine cornered me at a birthday party last year and related how he had represented a client in a case that did not turn out well. My friend/the lawyer had agreed to bring a lawsuit arising out of a failed commercial real estate deal. The client thought he was entitled to $300,000 from the defendant. As of the birthday party, his lawyer had so bollixed the representation that both the client and my friend-the lawyer were on the hook for nearly $700,000 on a counterclaim, attorney fees, interest and sanctions. The most remarkable aspect of this—was that the my friend-lawyer would own up to this disaster in public at a social occasion. A head slapper.

Things can go seriously awry, fast. Bad, bad lawyer!

1 comment:

  1. Great Article and informative. Thanks for sharing. I know its not really relavant, but I have been following your blog for some time and I had an amazing thing happen to me today. I got a speeding ticket two months ago and I gave it to the Traffic Ticket Team, www.trafficticketteam.com, who's main
    Lawyer Jason A. Diamond did a speeding traffic ticket for me and he was amazing.
    He got my ticket dismissed. I know you are thinking, who cares. But I was so freggin amazed, I feel like I need to tell the world to never pay a traffic ticket again. It's so empowering to have a way to tell the cops, you are not all that. Anyway, enough soap boxing, If you ever get a traffic ticket, call Jason Diamond (954) 967-9888 his office and staff were great.
    Sincerely,
    Doug Johnson
    Davie, FL

    ReplyDelete