Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hot Cleveland Steamer--McFaul Blames Clevelanders and the Media for Being a Crook

Former sheriff Gerald McFaul sentenced to house arrest


The sound in this video may be a little muffled, but what McFauls says is: "And that paper [the Plain Dealer  and] this town. It ruined my health, and my wife's health and my kids and family. And I am sorry."  He adds that if he had known how illegal and unethical his behavior was he "might not" have continued to be a crook and do the illegal and unethical acts that got him prosecuted.  Decades of bribery, theft, nepotism, cronyism and McFaul gets a year of house arrest and three years of probation. 

Oh by the way, McFaul has leftover campaign funds sufficient to cover his penalties although it's doubtful whether he can directly draw on these sums to pay his fine.  Cleveland-area colleagues tell me McFaul is set in terms of his pesnion-situation, also thanks to the taxpayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment