Thursday, June 3, 2010

Bad Lawyer-Cad Lawyer

Jack Levy, a Portland attorney (and Oregon Super Lawyer) is accused by an opposing counsel of being a drunken asshole.

Levy a partner at the construction and development firm of Smith, Freed & Everhard is alleged to have come onto a female opposing counsel the day before a construction site meeting at a downtown Portland law firm cocktail party.  According to an ethics and criminal complaint filed by the attorney, Levy grabbed her buttocks and made several insistent sexual suggestions.  At the time, the female associate represented several home owners' associations in multi-million dollar litigation against developers represented by Levy. 

A report at the Oregonian relates her account given to the Portland police and the Multnomah County District Attorney which says that the next day at the construction-site Levy apologized blaming booze on his boorish behavior the night before.  I can not tell you how many times I've heard this story from the drunk lawyer/accountant/business person over the years, as part of an account of drinking gone bad, in other words, instant asshole, just add alcohol.  I can't tell you how many times I was the asshole. 

When I drank, my rules, my morals, my boundaries were meaningless. 

1 comment:

  1. Here's a really, really bad lawyer

    http://www.notolawschool.com/2010/06/perv-geezer-attorney-suspended.html

    ReplyDelete