Thursday, October 28, 2010

Colorado Hit-Skip Attorney Suspended for 3-Years


In April I told you about Colorado attorney Jeffrey S. Detlefs (pic) who was convicted of vehicular assault, and hit-skip after striking a cyclist who by coincidence was a local public defender.

Detlefs was driving while drinking and his child was in his SUV.  In my April account I reported that he received a 9-year prison sentence.  This morning, the Legal Profession blawg reports that Detlefs received a 3-year license suspension, um Law license.   Here's link to the opinion syllabus and a link to the story at the Legal Profession blawg.

6 comments:

  1. The victim, a public defender stood up for the drinking driver lawyer so Detlefs did nominal jail time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nine years is hardly nominal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NS--

    A friend who covers these stories for Velonews (the definitive cycling mag)reports that Mr. Detlefs actually has been released despite the putative sentence.
    BL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leave Jeff alone! He is a a good man that made a mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "leave Jeff alone he is a good man that made a mistake" well I believe this man is disgusting, if you saw this monster of a man the day of the accident you would agree. I witnessed the whole thing and he was paraletic drunk and on another planet. One man is physically and surely mentally scarred, I along with other witnesses are mentally scarred. And most of all those 3 innocent children were horrifically distraught then let alone now 3 years after. I am apalled this MONSTER got off so lightly! Good men yes make mistakes but sorry to say but this was no mistake he was a lawyer he should know right from wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friend mentioned to me your blog, so I thought I’d read it for myself. Very interesting insights, will be back for more! Houston DWI attorney

    ReplyDelete