Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bad Idea! Harassing Calls to the Supreme Court Because You Disagree with a Decision

In a remarkable news item the Associated Press it is reported that the Indiana Supreme Court is receiving harassing phone calls and emails over a decision it issued last week.  In a 3-2 decision of the Indiana Supreme Court, the court upheld the arrest of Richard L. Barnes who was charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct for barring the door to his residence when the police made a warrantless entrance. 

Making harassing phone calls and sending harassing emails to a court is always a bad idea.

7 comments:

  1. Hola. First off,I'm upset I didn't think of the name you have for my own blog first. Muy cool.

    Second, I almost called that court myself to "harass" them, or what used to be known as protected speech under 1A. Actually, I think I'll use the $1.00 I have left of my Skype account to do it today.

    Unless one has a case pending before them, why do you think this is such a bad idea? Obviously, I am not talking about being abusive or threatening - just telling them that they are mornonic whores for crafting this opinion from another planet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EPEL--

    1. So true.

    2. I agree. But can you think of anything more self-defeating (or dangerous) than to be perceived as harassing Supreme Court security officers because you disagree with a decision of the court?

    BL

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHAKE ME WAKE ME
    TAKE AWAY THE INTELLECTUAL LEGAL JARGON AND YOUR LEFT WITH "MARSHALL LAW"

    THE POPE

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm terribly disappointed this was not given more attention than it did
    the ball-less press should of had this FRONT PAGE LEAD

    i think i'll patent a new front door defense mechanism say similiar to the one charles bronson crafted in the window of one of the death wish movies i'll even incorporate an recorded "come on in"

    the pope

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barnes who was charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct for barring the door to his residence when the police made a warrantless entrance.....door defence

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best Nail Clipperhanks,for such a good information provide us. It’s hard to
    find good quality writing like yours these days.
    I seriously appreciate people like you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing this nice post. I really loved reading this. synogut reviews

    ReplyDelete